We are looking for a passionate C++ Principal Software Engineer who will take a leading role in developing Ghost, Akamai's CDN backbone network server.
About the Team:
Our team is part of the Web Division, which is responsible for technologies that power our Content Delivery and Site Acceleration Products. These include: the Edge Computing, and the Core CDN Performance. These systems improve the speed and reliability of websites and applications running over various networking environments. By leveraging Akamai's global Internet deployment, we can solve unique technological issues and deliver an unprecedented functionality beyond the limitations of base networking.
Our main challenge domains are:
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
● Playing a central role in delivering products and services for the Web Experience Business Unit.
● Participating in the design, development, testing, deployment and production monitoring of new features.
● Maintaining and enhancing core infrastructure.
● Become a focal point for all questions/problems related to functionalities you are in charge of.
● Work as part of a small, elite, fast-moving team to meet aggressive schedules.