Is Big Data really big? If you want to explore this area, learn what massive data volumes mean and how internet works, join Platform Data Services team – a small group of elite software engineers that analyze, design and implement system software that brings new functionality, increased reliability, and enhanced scalability to Akamai’s high-performance Distributed Data platform.
About the Team:
The Platform Data Services “CORE” group (Collection prOcessing Reporting and tElemetry) develops and operates multiple services deployed on several Akamai private cloud networks. These services collect, process, and store data about every transaction that is executed on Akamai edge. Data owned by PDS “CORE” is being consumed for the purposes of business analytics and decisions support, customer analytics, product KPIs, Akamai’s cost structure management and Akamai’s network management. Distributed Data Collection network currently receives over 8PB of data/day and maintains a data store that processes more than 3 trillion records daily. The product development team within PDS-“CORE” has end-to-end responsibility for the design, development and deployment of the platform components that enable one of the world’s largest cloud-based data systems.
* Lead engineering team in design, development and rollout of Big Data systems and services
* Lead by example; mentor, coach and develop career of team members
* Inspire and enable innovation, help team members to achieve their full potential
* Partner with system architects, functional managers and program managers to deliver to market mission critical data systems
* Manage team priorities, effectively communicate status of committed projects
* Develop new and enhance existing capabilities for Akamai customer facing reporting and data warehousing services
* Work on performance-critical data processing and access system
* Work on projects that focus on system scalability and security
* Follow SW development methodology best practices